Hi Amy,

You might want to see if you can open them in LibreOffice Writer, which has
CLI tools. You might be able to do something like this to convert them in
bulk:

lowriter --convert-to docx *.9*

Best,

*Thomas San Filippo* (he/him/his)
*Systems and Educational Technology Liaison*
*DEAL Senate*

Madeleine Clark Wallace Library
<https://wheatoncollege.edu/academics/library/>, G19
Wheaton College <https://wheatoncollege.edu>