Amy,

If you can open them in MS Word, then you can probably use a PowerShell script to convert them through Word.  I can't guarantee exactly what you want to do is possible, but here are a couple examples of something somewhat similar:

https://sid-500.com/2020/10/20/powershell-convert-word-documentes-to-pdf-documents/
https://community.idera.com/database-tools/powershell/powertips/b/tips/posts/converting-word-documents-from-doc-to-docx-part-2?CommentId=b0da4fc7-2f9b-4238-af8b-2f9b0bd1d92c

Erich

On Monday, May 17, 2021 at 12:37, Amy Schuler eloquently inscribed: