The Open Library Foundation<https://openlibraryfoundation.org/> is accepting nominations to fill two seats on the OLF Board of Directors<https://openlibraryfoundation.org/about/leadership/>. The Open Library Foundation is an all-volunteer community of open-source communities; we are seeking individuals that will help advance our mission to foster, connect, and support open source projects that serve libraries worldwide. The Board welcomes nominees from all quarters, especially those who bring the qualities described below.

If interested, please complete this form<https://tamu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_4PFNxWIEHRTybKS> by June 10, 2021.

If you have any questions please contact Tom Cramer ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>), President of the OLF Board.

Board Characteristics

  *   Leadership. We seek individuals who are recognized as leaders; individuals who think strategically, are unafraid of risk and who have a strong vision based on the principles of open systems. As part of their leadership, we seek individuals who can be a compelling advocate and spokesperson for the Foundation as a speaker and ambassador as opportunities occur.
  *   International. The Foundation seeks to be international in its scope and interests. We seek individuals who represent communities outside the United States and outside of the developed western world.
  *   Diversity. The Board recognizes keenly and deeply the need for and value of diversity in its membership. We believe strongly that diversity leads to better decisions and we seek diversity in all its dimensions, such as social, ethnic, and gender. We also seek diversity of individuals within our mission and scope. Thus, we recognize that scholarly communities make important contributions to our mission and would welcome their representation on the Board. In asserting the importance of diversity, the Board recognizes that no one person can represent all these perspectives and it is a process of Board representation built carefully, purposefully, and determinedly over time.
  *   Community. The Foundation is an affiliation of projects bound together by the principles of open software development and the interests of enabling discovery and research. Communities are the heart of the Foundation. Therefore the Board welcomes representation of individuals who are actively engaged in and have interests in its current and prospective communities and their missions.
  *   Engagement. A guiding principle of the Foundation is to give freedom to its communities so that they can operate freely and in a way that best serves the interests of their community. The Foundation is a kind of safe harbor for infrastructure, legal, and fiscal operations that enable the communities to work safely and effectively with an assurance of long-term preservation of their work. As a result of this, staffing in the Foundation and at the Board level is purposely light. The Board seeks individuals who are willing to be fully engaged and actively contribute -- to work as liaisons to the communities and serve on other projects as may occur to improve the work of the Foundation and its operations.
  *   Open. A commitment to open software development is a cornerstone of the Foundation and its communities. The Board seeks members who are also committed to the principles and approach of open software development.

Board members are expected to:

  *   Serve their entire 3 year term
  *   Participate in quarterly meetings of the Board of Directors;
  *   Attend OLF Leadership Roundtable conference calls;
  *   Be responsive to requests from the President for additional leadership responsibilities;
  *   Participate in the Foundation’s signature conference, WOLFcon;
  *   Contribute to a high-functioning Board by listening to peers, working cooperatively, treating peers with respect, and building consensus whenever possible.