The Digital Preservation Coalition (DPC) is delighted to welcome the National Film & Sound Archive of Australia (NFSA) as the Coalition’s newest Associate Member.

Established in 1984, the NFSA is Australia’s living archive with a mission to collect, preserve and share Australia’s audiovisual heritage. As custodians of over 3.3 million items, of which approximately half are digital, digital preservation is a core element of the organization’s mission to preserve and share its collection.

“Our mission to collect, preserve and share Australia’s audiovisual heritage depends on strong digital preservation strategies and practices,” explains Nick Hanson, CIO of the NFSA. “The DPC is a dynamic and future focused community dedicated to creating sustainable solutions for digital preservation challenges. We are very excited to be joining this community and we are keen to become collaborative partners, working together to make digital preservation achievable.”

Jaye Weatherburn, Head of Australasia and Asia-Pacific for the DPC was delighted to welcome the NFSA to the Coalition saying: “As an organization which bridges culture, creative industries and the media, NFSA faces a set of interesting digital preservation challenges. We look forward to collaborating with them as we learn from their important experiences, expertise and perspectives.”

NFSA also joins the Australasia and Asia-Pacific Stakeholder Group which was convened as part of the Coalition’s governance structure with the opening of the DPC’s Melbourne Office in 2020. The Stakeholder Group ensures that members in Asia-Pacific, Australia and New Zealand inform the development of the DPC’s program in the region and have input on the broader strategic direction of the Coalition.

The DPC is a non-profit international advocate for digital preservation, helping members around the world to deliver resilient long-term access to digital content and services through community engagement, targeted advocacy work, training and workforce development, capacity building, good practice and standards, and through good management and governance. Its vision is a secure digital legacy.

Click for more information about:

National Film & Sound Archive

How to join the DPC

Sarah Middleton

Head of Communications and Advocacy

Digital Preservation Coalition

37 Tanner Row, York, YO1 6WP

http://www.dpconline.org/

Email: [log in to unmask]

Twitter: @Sarah_DPC

My email hours are Mon – Fri, 08:30 – 14:30 (UK)

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and may be privileged. If you have received this message in error, please notify us and remove it from your system. The contents of this e-mail must not be disclosed or copied without the sender's consent and does not constitute legal advice.  We cannot accept any responsibility for viruses, so please scan all attachments. The statements and opinions expressed in this message are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of the DPC.

Registered in England No: 4492292