From: Gayle Schechter <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tuesday, May 18, 2021 at 9:30 AM
To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Digital Library Accessibility and Usability Guidelines (DLAUG) to Support Blind and Visually Impaired Users

Hello everyone,

We’re thrilled to share an announcement from the project team of the newly released “Digital Library Accessibility and Usability Guidelines (DLAUG) to Support Blind and Visually Impaired Users.” CLIR/DLF is not affiliated with this project, so please contact Iris Xie directly if you have any questions.

Best,

Gayle

Dear colleagues,

With the support from consultants, members of our advisory board, partners, and participants for this IMLS funded project "Digital Library Accessibility and Usability Guidelines (DLAUG) to Support Blind and Visually Impaired Users," the project is completed.  We have conducted user studies, created the guidelines based on the problems that BVI users encountered in their interactions with DLs, conducted the survey with three groups of stakeholders for the draft of the guidelines, had DL developers assessed the existing DLs based on the guidelines, ran focus groups, implemented the changes for the guidelines based on suggestions from consultants, users, scholars/experts, and developers. You can find the DLAUG on the project site.

Here is the url for the site:

https://sites.uwm.edu/guidelines/

Digital Library Accessibility and Usability Guidelines (DLAUG)

Introduction. The DLAUG is a set of accessibility and usability guidelines created for digital library (DL) developers to support blind and visually impaired (BVI) users who rely on screen readers to interact with DLs.

sites.uwm.edu

We have presented the guidelines and associated appendixes.  Additionally, we added the option to download the complete guidelines in PDF format.

Please help us promote the DLAUG and solicit feedback to further improve the guidelines.

Thanks you.

Iris

Iris Xie, Ph.D.
Professor
School of Information Studies
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
Phone:(414)229-6835 Fax:(414)229-6699
http://people.uwm.edu/hiris/

--

Gayle Schechter, MSLIS | she/her/hers

Program Associate

🍑 Based in Atlanta, GA (Mvskoke land)
The Digital Library Federation (DLF)

Council on Library and Information Resources (CLIR)

Alexandria, VA

@CLIRDLF | @akaGladys

To unsubscribe from the DLF-SURVEILLANCE-TECH list, click the following link:
https://lists.clir.org/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=DLF-SURVEILLANCE-TECH