Greetings,

With generous funding from the Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS), Tufts University’s Tisch Library is preparing to host a virtual National Forum on the Prevention of Cyber Sexual Abuse, scheduled for October 5–7, 2021.

Across a diverse group of academic library workers, the National Forum will build a shared understanding about how cyber sexual abuse is perpetrated, the racialized and gendered power structures that enable it, as well as tools and strategies for prevention. We aim to inspire, empower, and energize library workers to build relationships across their campuses and develop outreach, instruction, and other support structures in order to cultivate campus cultures of consent and liberated participation in online spaces.

If you are interested in joining an academic library community to advocate against digital violence, we invite you to apply to be a member of our Learning Cohort.

Expectations of the Learning Cohort include:

Due to the complex landscape of cyber sexual abuse, the Learning Cohort will be limited to 30 library workers. The Project Team prioritizes participation from a diverse range of academic library institutions, and especially welcomes applications from library workers who have experience working at community colleges, Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs), and Tribal Colleges and Universities (TCUs). Additionally, because digital violence disproportionately affects members of marginalized groups–including those who identify as BIPOC, LGBTQIA+, and women–we will also prioritize the participation of those who can speak to these lived experiences.

Please fill out this Qualtrics survey by Friday, May 21 if you are interested in participating.

Note: all information entered in the survey will be kept confidential to the project team and will be securely deleted following the cohort selection. Qualtrics offers a very high level of data security and reasonable assurance of privacy, but we cannot guarantee absolutely against a data breach, subpoena, or other judicial order. If you’re concerned about this, please feel free to email the Project Director, Paige Walker, at [log in to unmask]

With gratitude,

Paige, on behalf of the Project Team (Adam Jazairi and Chelcie Juliet Rowell)

Paige Walker

Head of Digital Initiatives, Tisch Library

Tufts University

617-627-6027

she/her/hers

To unsubscribe from the DLF-SURVEILLANCE-TECH list, click the following link:
https://lists.clir.org/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=DLF-SURVEILLANCE-TECH