Hi All,

Apologies for any cross posting but I wanted to share a new interest group focused on all aspects of email archiving and preservation.

About the group

The Email Interest Group evolved from an existing working group, formed to design a shared ePADD Discovery website. After completing that work, we decided to continue meeting, to discuss issues and take on new projects related to aspects of email archiving and preservation more broadly. We aim to create an approachable, welcoming, and collaborative space to discuss email archiving.

*Pardon any cross posting*

Email Interest Group

This email is an invitation to join a new interest group focused on all aspects of email archiving and preservation.

About the group

The Email Interest Group evolved from an existing working group, formed to design a shared ePADD Discovery website. After completing that work, we decided to continue meeting, to discuss issues and take on new projects related to all aspects of email archiving and preservation more broadly. We aim to create an approachable, welcoming, and collaborative space to discuss email archiving.

Our goals

Our initial goal will be to determine the direction that we would like to take as a group. We have identified the following areas of interest:

  • Privacy in email

  • Records management strategies for email

  • Guidelines for email processing documentation

  • Levels of processing for email

  • Email data visualization

  • Collecting public domain email sample data for testing

How can you participate?

  • Join us! We welcome anyone with an interest in this area. To join, please join our mailing list, and the facilitator will send you the meeting invitation.

  • We meet once a month (on the first Wednesday of the month) for one hour at 8am Pacific Time.

Thank you,
Christina

--
Christina Velazquez Fidler