Dear Colleagues:

I am working with an organization that is interested in on-prem solutions for digital preservation. This may include end-to-end solutions or built-to-spec systems. We are looking to gather contact information for interested parties who may want to respond to an RFP opportunity later this summer/fall. The organization I'm representing is particularly interested in systems with the following characteristics:

Long-term Preservation – Solution provides bit-level preservation (i.e. checksum monitoring and self-healing), content preservation (i.e. migration of legacy files to updated file formats), and safeguards against accidental deletions.
Authenticity and Integrity – Changes cannot be made to files once ingested and audit trails are available.
Complex Metadata Support – Descriptive, technical, and preservation metadata may be added (or automatically extracted) and edited, to aid in providing context and improving discoverability of materials.
Intuitive Discovery – A user-friendly web interface provides navigation via metadata fields, searching of metadata and file contents, and faceted browsing to help users find content.
Robust Security – Solution to provide a robust security model, including the capability to restrict certain content to certain users.

If you would like to receive more information, please contact me off list with the contact information of someone that can speak with the client about their forthcoming RFP.

Very best,
Amy

Amy Rudersdorf (she/her)

New York | Wisconsin | Florida | Wyoming | Chile

AVP is a data management solutions provider. Our experts offer proven approaches to help you protect, manage, and use the data and information assets you care about.