Hello all,

I hope this finds you well.  We are excited to announce that the Internet Archive has an open call for applications <http://blog.archive.org/2021/06/10/community-webs-seeks-applicants-from-the-us-canada-and-around-the-world/> for Community Webs <https://communitywebs.archive-it.org/>, our community-based web archiving program for public libraries and cultural heritage organizations. US-based public library participants are fully funded by The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation; there is no cost to participating organizations.

Community Webs empowers cultural heritage organizations to build community-focused web archives documenting local and underrepresented histories. The program offers free web archiving services and technical support via a multi-year subscription to Archive-It, as well as resources for networking, professional development and in support of scholarly research. We currently have over 100 participants from across the US, and we're continuing to expand, especially in states and regions that do not yet have members, to make the program truly representative of our country as a whole. Some examples of what our participants have been up to include:

The Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture @ NYPL <https://archive-it.org/home/schomburgcenter> collections on the #Syllabus Movement and other aspects of the Black experience in the US.

Athens Regional Library System <https://archive-it.org/home/ARLS> collections on local contemporary art, music, literature and food culture, as well as local politics and community activism.

The East Baton Rouge Parish Library <https://archive-it.org/organizations/1153> collections on local Mardi Gras celebrations, police violence and demonstrations, and COVID-19.

You can find out more about the program on the Community Webs website <https://communitywebs.archive-it.org/about.html> and by viewing our program announcements <https://communitywebs.archive-it.org/news.html>. We are now accepting applications to join our next cohort kicking off in late-Summer 2021.

The deadline for applications is August 2, 2021. We really hope you’ll Apply <https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScDWeJ1YwpWN9APcP9FbOZIsnYV7K3mNkZw7oEFvCeGHNgOhQ/viewform>.

Please feel free to reach out to me at any time if you have questions. And please pass this along to anyone you think might be interested in the program.

Thanks very much!

Lori
Lori Donovan (she/her)
Community Programs Manager, Web Archiving & Data Services
Internet Archive