Hello everyone,

Normally this message would be a reminder for the July 19 Infrastructure IG meeting. However, after checking in, Leah and I have decided to cancel the July occurrence because recent schedules have not allowed us ample time to collect information from the group and prepare for a discussion about characterization (our apologies).

As a quick recap for folks who couldn’t join us last time, we’ve selected characterization tools and practices as our next topic, per its popularity on the poll that was sent earlier in the year. And as input for an upcoming conversation, we’re interested in hearing from you about what your experiences are regarding implementation and use of open-source characterization tools, or those that are built into a preservation platform you’re familiar with.

Some more specific questions to consider are posted here: https://bit.ly/3hFJHHX

Please take a little time to peruse these, send us related information you think would be helpful to share with the group and/or let us know if you would be willing to present an optional 5-minute lightening talk. Leah and I will work to gather your input and make sure we have critical mass for a good conversation next month (on 8/16).

Many thanks in advance,

Eric

NDSA Infrastructure Interest Group co-chair
–
Eric Lopatin | Product Manager, Digital Preservation
California Digital Library | University of California Curation Center (UC3)