Maybe not fully a library question, but perhaps someone here has insight.

I have a PHP page that is included in our Canvas courses as a Course Navigation external tool. When you use this LTI method you can receive information about the course and user via POST. I use this to e.g. create a Primo API query using the course information, which then presents students with library texts related to their courses if any exist.

I noticed that the features related to this course-level data stopped working earlier this month. So I set up my test page to simply print the POST array, and found it was empty.

Does anyone know if Canvas had some sort of security change that would have resulted in losing access to course/user values via POST, or does it sound like  a local change, or what? I looked at release notes for recent releases and didn't notice anything that looked relevant. I'm asking people on my campus, but we are lightly staffed, it's a busy time of year and I'm not sure I'll get an answer.

--
Jeff Karlsen
Technical Services Librarian