Hi Guita,

I don't know if it's useful to you, but I did something similar to this
when I worked for K-State Libraries, but instead of an SVG I created a
jQuery library that created a grid-based layout on top of an image. It also
allows grid blocks to be given common classes that regular HTML attributes
can be attached to. You can see an example here:
https://web.archive.org/web/20210303084132/https://www.lib.k-state.edu/stacksguide

and the library I built is here: https://github.com/techbrarian/grid-tron

Best regards,

*Jason Bengtson*