Hey there,

Would you like working with library UXers to refine their ideas, craft their content, and share their knowledge with the world? How about supporting open access publishing and collaborating with a fun, dedicated team of UX enthusiasts?

Well, good news: Weave is seeking editors to join our team!

See official positions announcement.

Am I qualified?

The main qualification is an interest in and dedication to improving user experience within libraries. And problem solving and communication skills. You might not have edited a journal before, but you'll get guidance from our Senior Editors and Editor-in-Chief. We'll make sure you're supported and successful.

What else should I know?

As UX practitioners ourselves, we're committed to improving reader experience, author experience, and editor experience. We’re breaking ground this year as the first of Michigan Publishing's journals to move to the opensource Janeway platform. We've created an author style guide and are improving workflows to save time.

We recognize systemic inequities in academic publishing and are developing more inclusive editorial practices. We encourage applications from people of color, people who identify as LGBTQIA+, and people with disabilities.

How do I apply?

Send applications directly to David Vess at [log in to unmask] by September 2.

If you have questions or want to learn more about the positions, drop by our Q&A open session:

See details in our full announcement, and we hope to hear from you soon.

_______

Scott Young (he/him)
Associate Professor, UX & Assessment Librarian
Montana State University
Editor, Weave: Journal of Library User Experience