**Please excuse cross-postings**

Come join our team at Boston College Libraries! We are looking for a
collaborative and innovative individual to lead our Digital Production
Services unit. This role oversees the Library’s digitization program and
digital content workflows, ensuring that Boston College’s unique content is
accessible to researchers around the world.

Reporting to the Associate University Librarian for Systems and
Infrastructure, the Head of Digital Production Services supervises two full
time library staff and oversees the operations of the Library’s
digitization labs. The Head also oversees and performs complex repository
ingest workflows for the library’s digital repositories, including the
Institutional Repository (Islandora), Hathi Trust, and Internet Archive.
This position provides strategy and vision for the future growth of digital
collections and digital library infrastructure at Boston College.

You will love this role if you are passionate about digital collections,
enjoy wrangling metadata, and like working with colleagues in many
different roles, from researchers to web developers.

Hiring range: $77,750 - 97,200

The struggle against racism, prejudice, stereotyping, and discrimination is
central to the mission of the BC Libraries and rooted in the Jesuit
tradition of social justice. We expect finalists for this position to
demonstrate a similar commitment to sustaining a culture that is
respectful, accountable, and intentionally inclusive.  We welcome
applicants from diverse backgrounds and strongly encourage people from
traditionally underrepresented groups to apply.

This position requires a Masters degree in Library Science or related
field, and you will thrive in this role with these additional skills,
abilities, and experiences:

   - Highly collaborative - demonstrated ability to work with colleagues
   across library departments
   - Experience supervising and/or mentoring colleagues; ability to hire
   and develop talented staff
   - Skilled at working with library data standards such as XML, XSLT,
   MODS, and Dublin Core
   - Familiarity with digital library repository technologies

If you feel that you meet some but not all the requirements, don’t let a
confidence gap stop you from applying. Sometimes a list of qualifications
can miss the elements that would most strengthen our team; we value the
many different skills which make all of us unique.

To apply, please go to:
https://bc.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/2/home/requisition/5053?c=bc
  <https://bc.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/2/home/requisition/5053?c=bc>

Questions or want to learn more? Please feel free to reach out to

Emily Singley
Associate University Librarian, Library Systems & Infrastructure
Boston College Libraries
140 Commonwealth Ave. | Chestnut Hill, MA 02467-3801
Pronouns: she, her, hers
617-552-2918