Dear colleagues,

We hope this message finds you all safe, healthy, and thriving.

As we ease into September, the Emulation-as-a-Service-Infrastructure (EaaSI) team is happy to share our August  Resource Highlight ,”Emulation Bibliography

The Software Preservation Network (SPN) library of community-curated software preservation resources was recently updated with an Emulation Bibliography from Ethan Gates (EaaSI User Support Lead). Highlights from the bibliography include:

*Consider contributing your software curation, software sustainability, and software metadata resources to the SPN Library.

EaaSI Resource Highlights are opportunities for the EaaSI team to pluck resources from the past or recent past and recontextualize them in light of the latest activities of the EaaSI Program of Work. Resources range from staff blog posts that connect software curation and emulation, to current events, to capacity building templates that provide structured activities for digital curation practitioners, to influential resources from our recent software preservation past, to reports from our EaaSI partner organizations on their own emulation explorations, and more.

MORE ABOUT EAASI

The Emulation as a Service Infrastructure (EaaSI) program builds on previous work to apply the Emulation-as-a-Service (EaaS) framework for access and use of preserved software and digital objects. The program is focused on designing and scaling both the services and tooling needed necessary for multiple institutions to configure, share, and access software emulated environments. EaaSI directly complements efforts by the Software Preservation Network and others to address key aspects of software preservation including legal advocacy, research about local software preservation needs, institutional capacity building for software preservation, collection development, professional development and training, and workflow recommendations.

--
Jessica Meyerson
Pronouns: she/her/hers

My regular working hours are Monday - Friday, 8am - 4pm CDT, UTC -5.