1. August break - we will not meet this month.

2. Linda Reynolds, my co-chair, has a lot happening at work and stepped down from the co-chair position.  She has been a voice for smaller institutions and under-resourced institutions. Thank you, Linda, for helping coordinate the last year or two!

3. I have switched from a full-time department head position to a part-time adjunct position. That gives me a bit more time to think about S&P and to strategize for Fall meetings. Plus, to review the work we did on the policies templates.

4. YOU and how you can contribute this month: let me know if you are interested in co-chairing the committee. Also, send me your ideas for fall meetings and any other ideas you have for S&P. Overall goals are education and networking. What ideas do you have? What do you want us to do?

I enjoyed working on the policies as a group and found the results useful. I really appreciate hearing what people at other institutions are doing. So, I want to pitch in and strengthen S&P. We have regular attendees. It is super to see them each month to find out what is new. It is equally interesting to see new people and occasional attendees.

As I listen to the news each day, I've been thinking of NDSA members on the west coast. I remember the impact the fires had last year. Hope you are doing ok now. I hope everyone else is doing well, too, despite the impact of floods, heat, ongoing Covid fluctuations, etc.

After a thunderstorm yesterday I have been without electricity. My neighbor to the west has electricity. The 20 houses to the east do not. We are such a small number that we probably are not on the priority fix list. A day off the internet might be restful!

Keep in touch and send me ideas for Standards and Practices.

Felicity Dykas