I'd just like to say that Carl Grant, who heads up the University of Oklahoma Library system, is a gentleman and bona fide scholar of AI/ML. His teams are doing fantastic work. I'm sure he'd be amazing to work with.

Yours Cordially,
Doug
________________________________
From: Code for Libraries <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Eric Lease Morgan <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, September 21, 2021 1:26 PM
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: [CODE4LIB] Job: Head of Web Services and Artificial Intelligence at University of Oklahoma Libraries

On Sep 21, 2021, at 11:07 AM, Code4Lib Jobs <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> The Head of Web Services and Artificial Intelligence leads a working group focused on conceptualizing, developing, and implementing projects using or demonstrating the effects of artificial intelligence. This position will lead the group to produce tangible outcomes in the form of applications, workshops, tutorials, presentations, and development sandboxes.
>
> ...All applications must include a cover letter, resume and list of three professional references. Hiring will be contingent upon submission of academic transcripts.  To apply for this position, go to https://nam12.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fjobs.ou.edu%2F&amp;data=04%7C01%7Cdouglas.duhaime%40yale.edu%7C67217575e1a04b94240708d97d250d34%7Cdd8cbebb21394df8b4114e3e87abeb5c%7C0%7C0%7C637678420363388740%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=LaGpjKRPJIqYlVDJi6gKknNLIoJEAHmRdDYC%2F7d%2B98Y%3D&amp;reserved=0 and search for job number 213274.

Very interesting! Not many librarians have the phrase "artificial intelligence" in their title. I wonder, group, how many of us are worried about the application of AI in our workplace? A long time ago I wrote expert systems applications, in the hopes of supplementing the reference interview process. IMHO, AI does have a place in our profession, but not as a replacement but rather as as addition. --Eric Morgan (University of Notre Dame)