Cornell University Library (CUL) seeks an Authorities Metadata Librarian to support the university’s mission in teaching, research, and knowledge creation. Within CUL’s collaborative and supportive culture, the Authorities Metadata Librarian will create, maintain and enhance authority metadata to enable our patrons to more easily discover and interpret CUL’s collections. The Authorities Metadata Librarian will bring focus and care to our MARC bibliographic and authority data, while ensuring diversity and inclusion are guiding factors in our metadata practices.

The Authorities Metadata Librarian reports to the Coordinator of Metadata Design and Operation in Library Technical Services. This position will collaborate with catalogers and other LTS staff on efforts related to maintenance, remediation and enhancement of bibliographic and authority data. The Authorities Metadata Librarian will engage in cross-functional teams for the development, implementation, and assessment of authority metadata infrastructure, policies and procedures. This position will actively participate in the community development of authority-related features for the FOLIO library services platform and adjacent technologies, while supporting CUL’s commitment to inclusive metadata practices.

The Authorities Metadata Librarian will have the support to actively participate in local, national and international discussions relating to the access, retrieval, description, and management of library resources; further, the Authorities Metadata Librarian will apply these discussions to CUL's research and development efforts.

We welcome candidates from a variety of backgrounds, including if you are new to the library profession or bring non-library metadata experience. We want you to have some familiarity with metadata, and enthusiasm for building more experience on the job.

----
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: https://jobs.code4lib.org/jobs/49697-authorities-metadata-librarian