This is very promising -thank you!  Turns out I can't even do the Word version because the export to word plugin requires access to the cloud.

Thinking now wordpress xml xport > markdown > pandoc > word ... ew!

-----Original Message-----
From: Code for Libraries <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Voß, Jakob
Sent: Wednesday, September 15, 2021 8:42 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [EXT] [CODE4LIB] AW: Wordpress > Atlassian Confluence?

APL external email warning: Verify sender [log in to unmask] before clicking links or attachments

Hi Christina,

Maybe this works:

1. export Markdown from WordPress (e.g. https://github.com/lonekorean/wordpress-export-to-markdown)
2. convert Markdown to Confluence syntax with pandoc 3. import pages

Step 2 likely requires additional cleanup with pandoc filters or manual search and replace to not include junk and to keep internal links.

Jakob