Hi Everyone,

Just a reminder for our upcoming NDSA Infrastructure Interest Group call on Monday, September 20, at 3pm ET on Zoom

September:

For the September meeting we will have an open agenda. Please bring with you an infrastructure-related problem or challenge that you’re currently facing at your institution (technical or non-technical in nature, any scale). Our goal will be to focus conversation on several of these and share related experiences that may help shepherd a given challenge toward a solution.

October:

Leah and I would like to try a new meeting format in October. One of the topics our group has expressed interest in is next generation storage. The following half-hour video and brief paper provide an engaging introduction to use of DNA storage for digital preservation:

Ahead of October 18th, let’s take some time to review these resources and plan to have a conversation around them.

Many thanks go out to Tricia Patterson and Stephen Abrams at Harvard Library for these selections, as they stem from their Digital Preservation Reading Club.

Call-in info:

All best,

Eric

Eric Lopatin | Product Manager, Digital Preservation

California Digital Library | University of California Curation Center (UC3)