On Wed, Oct 27, 2021, at 10:16 AM, Eric Lease Morgan wrote:
> On Oct 27, 2021, at 3:36 AM, Tod Olson <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>> We are now accepting pre-conference proposals for the 2022 Code4Lib conference in Buffalo, New York. These pre-conferences can either be a 1-day (six hour) or a 1/2-day session (three hour) and will occur on Monday, May 23, 2022... To propose a session, please go to the 2022 submission form <https://forms.gle/bUAahC2KADp2Q4xr9>...
>

> Please remind us. To what degree is this year's conference being held
> in-person? Based on past experience, it is difficult to facilitate
> hands-on workshops in a teleconferencing environment. Knowing the
> degree of in-person versus telecomputing participation will help me
> (and possibly others) design and/or submit proposals. --Eric Morgan

We are planning for Code4lib 2022 to be an in-person Conference. If we've learned anything the last couple of years is this is not entirely in our control. We will strive to be agile in the event that meeting in person is not possible (we ask that you make this accommodation also since the planners are ALL volunteering to make the pre-conference possible)

So to answer/address your question. Submit as if the conference will be in Buffalo. If it isn't the burden remains on the committee to make accommodations for your submission. Asking the planners who are volunteering to do both feels... well,

I am not speaking for the LPC and/or the Pre-Conference Cmte. Flames my way.

./fxk