Hello, Fred --

The DSpace documentation is quite good, and may be enough to get you set up and running:

https://wiki.lyrasis.org/display/DSDOC7x

Their support page has a very nice guide on to how to seek help:

https://wiki.lyrasis.org/display/DSPACE/Support

For when you get stuck, there's a Slack channel, too:

https://wiki.lyrasis.org/display/DSPACE/Slack

Though I echo Monica's comment that the user groups are the best place to start with your questions: the Slack channels are usually
reserved for resolving thorny problems and discussing application development issues.

Depending on your degree of technical expertise, you may want to work with a systems administrator and/or some other IT person at your
institution also, to work out the details of where DSpace will be installed, who will be responsible for maintaining the host and the
software, etc.  There are also third parties that will set up and help manage a DSpace instance for you (for a fee).

-- Scott

--
Scott Prater
Digital Library Architect