The University of Oregon Libraries, in partnership with Jordan Schnitzer Museum of Art and with the generous support of The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation, are delighted to announce that registration has opened for the Digital GLAM Spaces: Building a Community of Practice for User Experience and Accessibility Conference.<https://glamalliance.uoregon.edu/> for the Digital GLAM Spaces: Building a Community of Practice for User Experience and Accessibility<https://glamalliance.uoregon.edu/> <https://glamalliance.uoregon.edu/> Conference.<https://glamalliance.uoregon.edu/> This free, one-day virtual conference will be held on November 10, 2021 from 8:45am - 3:30pm Pacific Time. (What<https://time.is/845AM_10_Nov_2021_in_PT/AT/ET/CT/MT/Alaska_Time/HAST/SST/ChST?Digital_GLAM_Spaces:_Building_a_Community_of_Practice_for_User_Experience_and_Accessibility> time is this for me?<https://time.is/845AM_10_Nov_2021_in_PT/AT/ET/CT/MT/Alaska_Time/HAST/SST/ChST?Digital_GLAM_Spaces:_Building_a_Community_of_Practice_for_User_Experience_and_Accessibilit>)
​
We’re excited to welcome keynote speaker Snowden Becker, collections consultant, audiovisual archivist, educator, and user experience advocate and mentor. Following her opening keynote, we will be featuring eleven panels, presentations, and lightning talks, including an update on VRA Core 5 with accessibility baked in, iterative UX research strategies, remote user testing for accessibility, and many more!

Convinced? Ready to register now? Zoom on over to the registration page<https://uoregon.zoom.us/webinar/register/7216328476862/WN_dtrjHee0QsuMQXCe1-Tcgg>. Need some more information? Have questions? Please feel free to visit our website<https://glamalliance.uoregon.edu/> or email co-organizers Franny Gaede ([log in to unmask]) or Kate Thornhill ([log in to unmask])

Franny Gaede (she/her/hers)
Director, Digital Scholarship Services
University of Oregon Libraries

Book a meeting with me<https://calendly.com/mfgaede>
https://orcid.org/0000-0002-4482-8577

Land acknowledgement: The University of Oregon in Eugene, OR is located on Kalapuya Ilihi, the traditional indigenous homeland of the Kalapuya people. Following treaties between 1851 and 1855, Kalapuya people were dispossessed of their indigenous homeland by the United States government and forcibly removed to the Coast Reservation in Western Oregon. Today, descendants are citizens of the Confederated Tribes of Grand Ronde Community of Oregon and the Confederated Tribes of the Siletz Indians of Oregon, and they continue to make important contributions in their communities, at UO, and across the land we now refer to as Oregon. For more information, please see the UO Libraries full statement on Honoring Native Peoples and Lands<https://library.uoregon.edu/honoring-native-peoples-and-lands>.