Hello. I am pleased to share with you this upcoming webinar. Please
register to attend/receive the recording. I appreciate you  sharing this
with your networks as well. Best, Lisa

*Licensing Privacy: Views from Library Leadership*
October 13, 2021 01:00 PM in Central Time (US and Canada)

Presenter: Danielle Cooper, Ithaka S+R; Facilitator: Lisa Janicke
Hinchliffe, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

This webinar shares findings from interviews with library leaders about how
privacy concerns inform their negotiations and agreements with vendors.
Danielle Cooper, Manager of Collaborations and Research at Ithaka S+R,
conducted semi-structured interviews with library administrative leaders as
well as exploratory interviews with librarians who support license
negotiations. Through these findings, we better understand how library
leaders prioritize privacy as well how privacy decisions are delegated in
library organizations. A companion report will be published following the
webinar.

This work was undertaken as a component of the Mellon-supported Licensing
Privacy project, which aims to improve how licensing terms are leveraged by
academic libraries to advocate for patron privacy. The goal is to effect
change in third-party platform practices in order to bring them into
alignment with library values of privacy, confidentiality, and respect for
user control over their usage data. Future webinars will focus on
evaluating contract language and privacy policies, understanding
authentication and authorization frameworks, and best practices in handling
user data.

To attend the webinar and/or receive a notice when the recording is
available, please register at:
https://illinois.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_7IEnbb2bQI-qv2cckq2AOA.
Additional information about the Licensing Privacy project is available
online at: https://publish.illinois.edu/licensingprivacy/.

Best,
Lisa

P.S. There is a tweet thread as well if you would be willing to RT:
https://twitter.com/lisalibrarian/status/1445068596758122498.

___

Lisa Janicke Hinchliffe