Standards and Practices October 11 meeting.

To do:

  1. At our September meeting, we agreed that a list of Standards and Practices members and participants list would be useful. Please add your name and information. This will support our networking goal, and give information about areas of interest, etc. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14b6l4KO7ue7nN6k1thrf_G1PL3ROlayilA3JRHULZ5Q/edit#gid=0

  1. Review the Best Practices and Standards spreadsheet. Add additional information. We started this a year or two ago. It might be something we could look at further developing in 2022.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ewd8RoRWvA7Ex8D3UHfkAtQQt3YwnuD2qzRRAasHxIE/edit#gid=1174975977

  1. Review the Levels of Digital Preservation. Think about: what standards and best practice support each area and level? This is a future discussion topic.
    https://ndsa.org/publications/levels-of-digital-preservation/

  1. Policy/Guidelines template. We worked on this in spring and summer. If you haven’t looked at it, please do. Send me comments. (I think we should add the sources to the document. As a courtesy, should we tell the originating institutions that we took information from their documents?) https://docs.google.com/document/d/10dBUw33Ru3VCwjSrGhiqWPVtkDWb0dchZsAdl8cxbiQ/edit#

Looking ahead:

November meeting – November 8, 2021

I have been hearing about the keynote speaker: Dr. Tonia Sutherland: “Dr. Tonia Sutherland will give her keynote talk, “After the Archives: On Living and Dying in Digital Culture,” halfway through the Digital Preservation 2021 program. Dr. Sutherland is an Assistant Professor in the Library and Information Sciences Program at the University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa where her work focuses on memory, community, and technology. Dr. Sutherland’s book Digital Remains is forthcoming from the University of California Press.”

December meeting – December 13, 2021

January meeting – January 10, 2022

Have a great Monday! See you at the Digital Preservation Conference and the NDSA Standards and Practices meeting on November 8.

Felicity Dykas

Standards and Practices co-chair

University of Missouri