Nothing to add to all the excellent advice about scraping/alternatives to
scraping, but just to say that as someone who has written scrapers for
library catalogues (not for the whole catalogue but to get specific
information) then I heartily wish that libraries would advertise APIs
(where available) or data dumps (if on offer)  much more widely - when I
write a scraper, it's because I can't find an API, not because I don't want
to use an API.

Best wishes

Owen

--