My policy: contact the library manager LM and ask for the pace to use.
Even better: use library dumps or ask to periodically publish the data you need, so to be compliant with the 3rd star of the semantic web.
This will avoid any scraping :-)
No way to contact the LM? Try with a very slow pace, then reduce the delay while querying the opac itself, to see if its performance is affected by your scrape.
Bye. Stefano