Hello,

I am a current master’s student at McGill University’s School of Information Studies, and I am conducting a study on the multi-sensory exhibition practices of contemporary art institutions in Canada. This work is supervised by Dr. Gracen Brilmyer and Dr. Ilja Frissen, and is supported by SSHRC. The participants I am seeking are professionals who currently work, or have recently worked in, a public gallery, museum or artist-run centre focused on contemporary art in Canada. (You do not need to be a Canadian citizen but must have worked in an institution in Canada.) Participants from a range of positions will provide a valuable range of needs and concerns. To participate, your current or past position should involve, at least in part, the preparation and/or execution of contemporary art exhibitions.

This study is seeking participants to fill out a short questionnaire (approximately 20 minutes) with the possibility of a semi-structured follow-up interview for interested participants (approximately 45 minutes). Interview participants will be compensated $25CAD for their time. The call for participants will be open until December 15th. Please feel free to forward this call to anyone who you think may be interested and fit the participant criteria.

More information about this research, including the informed consent and confidentiality statements, can be found in this Microsoft Form link<https://forms.office.com/r/3WUXKP4pKG> (also linked below). Participants can answer in English or French, and follow-up interviews can take place either via email, a secure Zoom call, or over the phone.

This research hopes to fill gaps in the understanding of the needs of contemporary art institutions and the professionals who work with them towards successfully exhibiting multi-sensory art.

Please feel free to contact me or my faculty supervisors Dr. Gracen Brilmyer and Dr. Ilja Frissen, with any questions, concerns, or general comments. Email addresses provided below.

Your participation in this study is very much appreciated!

Thank you for your time,

ellen belshaw

they/them

McGill University, School of Information Studies

Supervised by: Dr. Gracen Brilmyer [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>, Dr. Ilja Frissen [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Microsoft form: https://forms.office.com/r/3WUXKP4pKG