Happy World Digital Preservation Day!  I hope you are spending it enjoying the NDSA DigiPres conference!

As part of this big day the 2021 NDSA Fixity Survey Working Group would like to announce the availability of the results of the 2021 Fixity Survey.  A report, which includes case studies, the data, and a crosswalk between the 2017 and 2021 survey questions are now available on the NDSA OSF page.

To learn more there are two blog posts to read.  The "Results of the 2021 Fixity Survey and Case Studies" post on the NDSA website announces the survey including case studies and provides a summary of the results.  While Jenny Mitcham, a member of the Working Group, wrote "Which checksum algorithm does everyone use? Introducing the NDSA Fixity Survey Report" for the DPC blog which not only documents the group's work and reasons for doing it, but also links to other related activities over the past year.

The Fixity Survey Website also documents our activities and links to the final products.

I would like to thank the Fixity Working Group members who took the time to work on this project to be able to share it with everyone by today.  I would also like to thank those of you who participated in the survey.  All NDSA Working Groups appreciate the time and effort you spend to help us gather this information to share with our communities.

Best,
Carol Kussmann; one of the 2021 Fixity Survey Working Group co-chairs

--

Carol Kussmann
Digital Preservation Analyst