Charles,

If the original image is a lower resolution than what you want, you could increase the resolution, but that won't make the quality higher by any means.  It will just look like a big fuzzy picture.  It's like magnifying a pointillism painting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p89gBjHB2Gs&t=1m33s

Think about an extreme case:  You have a 2x2 "picture" where each block is a single color.  You can't expand that to 8x8 and get any meaning out of it.  You could just multiply each box by 4, or you could average the colors in the "middle" blocks, but that would just smooth out the shift from one color to the next.  In the end, it would have no additional information than the original.

You can't create more detail out of less (police dramas where they magically zoom into grainy pictures to get a professional photographer's view of the license plate notwithstanding) without a lot of manual, "creative" work.  Sorta' like colorizing B&W photos.  It can be done, but not in an automated way (although as AI gets better at recognizing objects, it might!).

Hope that makes sense.

Erich

On Wednesday, December 1, 2021 at 20:18, Charles Meyer eloquently inscribed: