Hello, everyone -

Just passing along a couple more free online linked data events that might be of interest to some of you; see below for details.

- Demian

Historical Bibliographic Data in Wikidata<https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/User:Marianika/Linked_Pasts_VII>
2021-12-13, 18:00-19:00 (CET) online
2021-12-15, 20:00-22:00 (CET) online
Linked Pasts VII<https://www.ghentcdh.ugent.be/linked-pasts-vii-symposium>
free registration<https://congrezzo.ugent.be/linked-pasts-vii/>

***
A Wikimedian and an academic team up to share historical bibliographic data on Wikidata and discover all the richness of translating an already intricate custom data model to FRBR for Wikidata.

Demonstration: Monday 13 December 2021. 17:00-18:00 GMT/18:00-19:00 CET
Conversation: Wednesday 15 December 2021. 19:00-21:00 GMT/20:00-22:00 CET

Sign up for free at https://congrezzo.ugent.be/<https://congrezzo.ugent.be/linked-pasts-vii/>
No Wikidata experience required

Looking forward to meeting you there, or in further discussions about bibliographic data modelling!

If you are interested, regardless of whether you can attend or not, please edit this Wikidata page<https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/User:Marianika/Historical_Bibliographic_Data> to add your name and/or project.

Historical Bibliographic Data in Wikidata<https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/User:Marianika/Linked_Pasts_VII>

The promise of Linked Open Data can only be fulfilled with persistent identifiers, but libraries only put them out for editions, not works. Wikidata is a space where persistent identifiers can be created for works to enable us to share our data across databases. However, various data models are currently in use for bibliographic data in Wikidata. Is this a problem?

In the first session (demonstration), Simon Cobb will present bibliographic data in Wikidata from two different projects, the first in the simplified work/edition model used in Wikidata, the second using FRBR. Marie Léger-St-Jean will explain choices regarding the data model of her database Price One Penny<http://priceonepenny.info/database/> used in the second project.

In the second session (conversation), participants are invited to bring along a visualization of their data model so we can share our different bibliographic data models and discuss whether it will cause problems to have different data models when sharing our data amongst ourselves and on Wikidata.

Simon Cobb

Marie Léger-St-Jean