You could try s3fs: https://github.com/s3fs-fuse/s3fs-fuse

If the archive is very large, you might not want to pay for egress, so you could consider running FITS on an EC2 instance.

Ben

On 1/7/22, 12:50 PM, "Code for Libraries on behalf of Chris Mayo" <[log in to unmask] on behalf of [log in to unmask]> wrote:

    Hi all,

    I've recently become caretaker for a large audio archive, both physical and
    digital. I'm planning a large-scale digitization project for the physicals
    that haven't been digitized yet, but the digital collection consists of
    both born-digital material and files that have been digitized from the
    physical collection at various points over the last 25 years.

    I've been requested to re-digitize files that don't meet modern standards,
    so I need to run FITS over the entire digital archive. The hang-up is that
    the archive lives in an Amazon S3 bucket which is the backend of the system
    we use to serve files to clients. I can't figure out how to point FITS at
    the bucket, since it's not mounted to my local system, and I can't format
    the path properly. Has anyone else tried this?

    Thanks,
    Chris