Happy new year #DLFvillage! Make sure to check out the upcoming opportunities in this month’s DLF Digest below.
Gayle Schechter, MSLIS | she/her/hers
Based in Atlanta, GA (Mvskoke land)
The Digital Library Federation (DLF)
Council on Library and Information Resources (CLIR)
My working day may not be your working day. Please don’t feel obliged to reply to this e-mail outside of your normal working hours.
DLF Digest: January 2022
A monthly round-up of news, upcoming
working group meetings and events, and
CLIR program updates from the
Digital Library Federation.
This month’s news:
- Join us in Baltimore! The call for the 2022 DLF Forum volunteer planning committee is open now through Friday, January 14. Next year’s event will take place in Baltimore, Maryland,
in October 2022. For more information about committee roles and time commitments, and to apply to join the planning committee, head to the volunteer form here:
- Applications are now being accepted for the 2022
Leading Change Institute (LCI), to be held July 10–15 in Washington DC. Cosponsored by CLIR and EDUCAUSE, LCI is designed for leaders in higher education—including CIOs, librarians, information technology professionals,
and administrators—who are interested in working collaboratively to promote and initiate change on critical issues affecting the academy. Applications are due by January 10.
- CLIR recently announced award recipients for its new “Pocket Burgundy” publication series. The series, which derives its name from the deep red covers of CLIR’s traditional
research reports, will focus on shorter pieces—20 to 50 pages—addressing current topics in the information and cultural heritage community. View the awardees
- CLIR offices will be Monday, January 17, in observance of Martin Luther King, Jr. Day.
This month’s open DLF group meetings:
For the most up-to-date schedule of DLF group meetings and events (plus NDSA meetings, conferences, and more), bookmark the
DLF Community Calendar. Can’t find meeting call-in information? Email us at
[log in to unmask].
- DLF AIG Cultural Assessment Working Group:
Monday, January 10, 1 pm ET/10 am PT
- DLF Digital Accessibility Working Group:
Wednesday, January 12, 2 pm ET/11 am PT
- DLF Committee for Equity and Inclusion:
Thursday, January 20, 3 pm ET/12 pm PT
- DLF Museums Cohort:
Wednesday, January 26, 2 pm ET/11 am PT
- DLF Digital Accessibility Policy and Workflows Subgroup:
Friday, January 28, 1 pm ET/10 am PT
- DLF AIG User Experience Working Group:
Friday, January 28, 2 pm ET/11 am PT
DLF groups are open to ALL, regardless of whether or not you’re affiliated with a
DLF member institution. Learn more about our working groups and how to get involved on the
DLF website. Interested in starting a new working group or reviving an
older one? Need to schedule an upcoming working group call? Check out the
DLF Organizer’s Toolkit to learn more about how Team DLF supports our working groups, and send us a message at
[log in to unmask] to let us know how we can help.
to manage your DLF-ANNOUNCE subscription, visit diglib.org/announce