From: Code for Libraries <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Nicholas Dease <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, February 24, 2022 7:55 AM
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: [CODE4LIB] Jekyll for a library website?

Hey Junior!

We use Jekyll for the Pratt Institute Libraries <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://library.pratt.edu/__;!!JYXjzlvb!0FVZQHOA4egd-HqYMia61nSDZZfHviJ7V5Ak4tFZBxWB4easng_B-gXcYKGUMNMD$ >
site and it has eased a TON of my workflows (github
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://github.com/ndease/prattlib-site-jekyll__;!!JYXjzlvb!0FVZQHOA4egd-HqYMia61nSDZZfHviJ7V5Ak4tFZBxWB4easng_B-gXcYJ6fReaj$ >). I really appreciate how
quickly I can make big changes. The blogging system is really simple and
effective also. However, the best feature IMHO is that you can develop on
any machine and quickly preview changes without having to fiddle with your
server or worry about CMS maintenance. If you haven't seen this article
before, I recommend that you check out Using static web technologies and
git-based workflows to re-design and maintain a library website (quickly)
with non-technical staff
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://doi.org/10.1080/10691316.2021.1887036__;!!JYXjzlvb!0FVZQHOA4egd-HqYMia61nSDZZfHviJ7V5Ak4tFZBxWB4easng_B-gXcYOWFOHoi$ > (2021).
Their website on Lib-Static methodology <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://lib-static.github.io/__;!!JYXjzlvb!0FVZQHOA4egd-HqYMia61nSDZZfHviJ7V5Ak4tFZBxWB4easng_B-gXcYDx27Qqm$ > is
also really interesting.

Best,
Nick

On Thu, Feb 24, 2022 at 10:19 AM Junior Tidal <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> Hi code4Libbers,
>

> After talking with a colleagues, I was just curious if anyone uses Jekyll
> as a CMS for their library/institutional website?
>

> I'd be interested in your experiences.
>

> Best,
>
> Junior
>

> Junior Tidal (he/him/his)
> Associate Professor
> Web Services and Multimedia Librarian
> New York City College of Technology, CUNY
> 300 Jay Street, Rm L434
> Brooklyn, NY 11201
> 718.260.5481
>
> <https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://library.citytech.cuny.edu/__;!!JYXjzlvb!0FVZQHOA4egd-HqYMia61nSDZZfHviJ7V5Ak4tFZBxWB4easng_B-gXcYACsPYJV$ >https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://library.citytech.cuny.edu__;!!JYXjzlvb!0FVZQHOA4egd-HqYMia61nSDZZfHviJ7V5Ak4tFZBxWB4easng_B-gXcYH8RE96p$
> @citytechlibrary

*Nicholas Dease* | Digital Learning Librarian
Assistant Professor

*PRATT INSTITUTE*
200 Willoughby Avenue | Pratt Library 3rd fl | Brooklyn, NY 11205
phone: 230-6841 | fax: 4401 | [log in to unmask]
Book me on Zoom <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://pratt.libcal.com/appointments?u=49783__;!!JYXjzlvb!0FVZQHOA4egd-HqYMia61nSDZZfHviJ7V5Ak4tFZBxWB4easng_B-gXcYAUY3n57$ >

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://pronoun.is/he__;!!JYXjzlvb!0FVZQHOA4egd-HqYMia61nSDZZfHviJ7V5Ak4tFZBxWB4easng_B-gXcYOZrX2ba$