Rachel,

I reached out to UGA's resident ASpace expert, and he sent me the following:

The short answer is: no, you cannot bulk edit digital objects within the staff interface, but you can do it using the API.

The long answer is: While you can’t bulk edit existing digital objects within the staff interface (using a csv import), you can bulk upload new ones using the spreadsheet importer (ASpace version 2.8 and up all have it). My recommendation is if Rachel can wait until she has all the URLs for her digital objects, to then use the bulk_import_DO_template found here: choose either bulk_import_DO_template.xlsx or bulk_import_DO_template.csv. She can then upload all the info in at once. If she wants a guide on how to do that, check out this video from the ASpace team on YouTube (timestamped for load via spreadsheet): https://youtu.be/mDRzNOr1G-U?t=6857. Using that template, you have to attach the digital objects to existing archival objects – having independent digital objects is not an option, however.

If she has access to her ASpace’s API, she can bulk edit existing digital objects using some python (including adding or editing links). I can help her out with that if she wants to try it. Just send me an email directly at [log in to unmask]

If you'd like to schedule a meeting with me, please select a time slot to schedule a 60-minute meeting.

Sheila McAlister
Director, Digital Library of Georgia
University of Georgia Libraries
Main Library