From: DLF Privacy and Ethics in Technology <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Heller, Margaret <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Monday, February 21, 2022 3:15 PM
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Sunsetting PET

Note: This message originated from outside the FIU Faculty/Staff email system.

I’d love to see if we could work together between DLF and Core (the ALA division) to continue privacy research and advocacy. I think there is work to be done in this area, but with so little extra bandwidth across the group of people who are interested in working on it, we need to find a way to make it easier. I’ll raise this with the Core Access & Equity Section, and see if we could set up an interest group (wouldn’t require ALA membership to join that) that could partner with DLF. Not sure on the logistics of this, but we can explore if there’s interest.

Margaret Heller

Digital Services Librarian // Loyola University Chicago

President-Elect // Core, a division of the American Library Association

Chair // ELUNA Primo Working Group

[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> // 773-508-2686 // 1032 W. Sheridan Rd., Chicago, IL 60660