No meeting in February. The NDSA interest groups are switching to quarterly meetings. As we discussed at previous Standards and Practices meetings, this will enable members to better participate in other interest groups, also of interest to many of us.

Schedule for the remainder of 2022. Before meetings, check the calendar for changes.

  *   March 21: Infrastructure
  *   April 11: Standards & Practices
  *   May 4: Content
  *   June 27: Infrastructure
  *   July 11: Standards & Practices
  *   August 3: Content
  *   September 19: Infrastructure
  *   October 10: Standards & Practices
  *   November 5: Content
  *   December 19: Infrastructure
NDSA Calendar: https://ndsa.org/about/calendar/

Meeting notes:

Standards and Practices IG: https://docs.google.com/document/d/13mvPbJ3bNUDMyvuQHac0YryiRPEnwHQY7Tk_x_e3n4c/edit#

Content IG: https://docs.google.com/document/d/120yQwnmLQYEYRTmNVU9qkkxBM1SS_21G84P5i89Ycp0/edit

Infrastructure IG:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QxESVtnVs8WzllM8z0HyBtKVKpFgZ1mrvFpBm8u7TLI/edit#heading=h.pc6fia6hz282

MORE ABOUT STANDARDS AND PRACTICES:

  1.  We had a guest speaker in January: Lynda Schmitz Fuhrig, Digital Archivist at the Smithsonian, joined us and spoke about preservation standards and practices for digital video files at the Smithsonian. There is a recording. I am using different video editing software and am behind in getting this posted. I have now figured out the editing features and should have it posted by the end of this week. Watch for another email.
  2.  The NDSA Leadership group asked Standards and Practices to develop to list of glossaries that NDSA might point people to. We will discuss that at our April meeting or at a special working meeting.

Have a wonderful day!

[red heart]I           digital preservation!

Felicity Dykas

Co-chair, NDSA Standards and Practices IG