My esteemed listmates,

You know how a project seems like it will quick and easy and then you
discover not so much land?

I want to make a map of a small area with the names of the streets on the
North, South, West and East with just the library designated in that area.

In Google Maps, I learned how to remove those blue dots appearing when you
create a custom area map. But, when I remove destination points withing
that, it also removes the library name.

I’ve toggled through Options, Car, bike, walk and transit icons but none
produce the custom map I’d lie without leaving the word Restaurant or Sign
In prominently on the map.

Mapquest seems even more bizarre.

Has anyone found an online application or free downloadable program which
will create custom maps for basically a square area where you can include
just one destination?

Thank you!

Charles.

Charles Meyer