Charles,

Hopefully someone else on the list has something easier and more web-based,
because GIS software can be an awful lot, your first time using it. But in
case nobody does, I'll chime in: if you don't mind the project going even
deeper than it already has, I really like QGIS (qgis.org), which is an
open-source GIS tool. It uses OpenStreetMaps (openstreetmap.org) and allows
the addition of only the specific points on a map that you want to include,
and then you can zoom the map to exactly where you want before exporting
it.

If you do end up going that way, feel free to reach out, and I can send you
the tutorials I made for students, when I was teaching it. They'll at least
get you to the point where you can make a basic map, with locations
(points) added from a CSV file, and show how to create a map image with
labels for export, as well. (The tutorials don't get into how to create
interactive web maps, but it doesn't sound like that's what you're after,
here, anyway.)

Good luck! :)

--
*Coral Sheldon-Hess* (they/them)