Hello,

We just increased the number of seats available for one of our very popular
courses - Python for Librarians. Registration closes April 8th at midnight.
Additional information below.

Python for Librarians
<https://libraryjuiceacademy.com/shop/course/270-python-for-librarians/?attribute_pa_session=2022-04-apr>
$200.00

Instructor: Tim Ribaric
Dates: April 4 - May 1
Credits: 1.5 CEUs or 15 PDHs

We often are told ‘learn to code’ but not given a clear purpose or
direction to realize this goal. This is especially true for workers in the
Library field. This course will attempt to address this challenge by
providing a great introduction to data science aimed at all learners.
Participants will be introduced to the Python programming language and how
it can be used to analyize data. This includes organizing and writing code
in Jupyter Notebooks, manipulating data with the Pandas, visualizing data
with the Matplotlib, and making predictions with data using the
scikit-learn library. No previous programming experience is required or
expected. Exercises will be drawn from topics that resonate with the daily
work of Librarians and those in related fields. For example, participants
will learn how to analyze a quantity of Sci Hub usage data, and will
examine DOI data harvested from the Crossref API. No software installation
will be required to participate in this class; all programming work will be
done using the online Google Colab environment.

--
Ariana Varela (she/her)
Marketing Coordinator

Library Juice Academy