Hello everyone,

I’m excited to share this announcement on behalf of BDAWG’s Visioning Access Systems subgroup:

The Visioning Access Systems (VAS) subgroup of the Born-Digital Access Working Group (BDAWG) has spent much of the past year reviewing and incorporating feedback from community members into a framework on access systems for born digital archival materials.

We are pleased to announce that this revision process is complete and that our framework--An Exploration of Access Systems--is ready to be used by GLAM professionals who work with or are interested in such systems. Please feel free to share this announcement with your networks.

Because this framework is intended to be a living document, community members--particularly those who are actively using the framework in their professional work--are encouraged to provide feedback on, questions about, or comments regarding this document. Please submit any feedback, questions, or comments by using this Google form.

Moving forward, VAS members will--in addition to maintaining and updating our framework--also begin working on the projects outlined in our charter. If you are interested in participating in any of the projects listed in our charter, please feel free to contact the VAS subgroup lead (at [log in to unmask]) or join the DLF BDAWG Google Group and attend one of our general meetings. Membership in both VAS and the broader BDAWG group is open to all, and no specific skill-set or knowledge is required to participate.

Best,

Gayle

--

Gayle Schechter, MSLIS | she/her/hers

Program Associate

🍑 Based in Atlanta, GA (Mvskoke land)
The Digital Library Federation (DLF)

Council on Library and Information Resources (CLIR)

Alexandria, VA

@CLIRDLF | @akaGladys

My working day may not be your working day. Please don’t feel obliged to reply to this e-mail outside of your normal working hours.