Author Neil Gaiman recently wrote on Twitter, “Rule #1: don’t @$%! with librarians.” He was reacting to the Ukrainian Library Association Facebook page, where ULA librarians made it clear that “no librarian today are sitting folded hands,” and that their upcoming conference was postponed until they “finished vanquishing [their] invaders.” Their bravery in the face of terror is inspiring. If you have friends and family in the region, my heart is with you and I hope that they are safe. If you are looking for ways to help the people of Ukraine, consider volunteering for Saving Ukrainian Cultural Heritage Online (SUCHO).

In CLIR and DLF news, Material Memory's HBCU Library Alliance Tour trailer dropped this week, and trust me, the music alone will lift your spirits. DLF made the week even better by announcing the call for proposals for the DLF Forum to be held in-person in Baltimore. I know I could use a socially distanced group hug.

New on the Job Board

Systemwide Data Analyst, California Digital Library

Digital Scholarship Librarian or Technologist, Hamilton College

Associate Director for Grants - Digital Humanities Center, Columbia University

Open Education Librarian, University of Kansas

Metadata Librarian, Baylor University

Director of Application Development, University of Pennsylvania

Digital Developer and Technology Manager, Black Lunch Table

Research & Data Librarian, Harvard University

Library Technology Program Coordinator, Duke University Libraries

Erin O’Donnell, MMC

Outreach and Engagement Associate

🍅 Based in Basking Ridge, NJ

Council on Library and Information Resources (CLIR)

Arlington, VA

clir.org  | @clirnews | jobs.diglib.org | sign-up for the job board digest