Dear all,

I recently moved to the Netherlands and found out that many libraries use the services of a private company to get help with the selection of books to buy. Every week libraries receive a list of newly published titles with a summary of their content.

I was wondering how popular this kind of service is in other countries/states. Do you know of anything similar in your country/state?

If you're interested in more details about the Dutch company, you can check this page (right-click on Chrome to translate into another language).

Kind regards,
Federico Pianzola

--
Digital Social Reading: Sharing Fiction in the 21st Century (MIT Press, revised version forthcoming in print)