Margaret,

When we were doing our RFP process a couple years ago, this document from Yale University Libraries was very helpful.
https://web.library.yale.edu/sites/default/files/files/YULDPSHighLevelRequirementsUseCasesDiagrams.pdf

We built up our own set of use cases and derived requirements to attach to our RFP. It ended up looking very similar to Yale's, so I think there's some universality in the doc that Yale published.

-Nick