Hi my esteemed listmates

I wasn't able to find anyone who uses a voice-to-text software so I'm
dusting off my ancient Dragon Naturally Speaking version 9 on a CD.

My laptop only seems to have a built-in mic.

Googling that it seems the only solution is to download the mic app from
the Microsoft Store.

Has anyone used a different mic app not from the Microsoft Store to dictate
into their laptop built-in mic?

Alternatively, I have a headset mic but it's not a USB plug, it's the old
style you plug into a port on your PC.

My laptop only has a headset port, not a mic port.

Has anyone used some kind of an adapter to connect the old style headset
mic plug into that USB adapter which you can then plug into a USB port on
your laptop?

Thank you!

Charles.

Charles Meyer