Job Title                               System Administrator I

Organization Name        Tulane University Libraries, Tulane University, New Orleans, LA

Tulane University Libraries at Tulane University in New Orleans, LA invites applications for the position of System Administrator I

Position Summary: The Systems Administrator I orders, images, deploys, tracks, and recycles library staff computers. This position provides technical computer support to staff. The Systems Administrator I manages system permissions and user accounts for 3rd party applications. This position evaluates potential applications, sets up demo/test servers, and performs security checks and security monitoring. The Systems Administrator I supervises student workers and collaborates with Tulane’s Information Technology department on inventory management and other issues.

REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:   Bachelor’s Degree in Management, Information Systems, Computer Sciences, or a related field and 2 years of relevant experience OR High School Diploma (or Equivalent) with 8 years of relevant experience.

REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES/COMPETENCIES TYPICALLY NEEDED TO PERFORM THIS JOB SUCCESSFULLY:

·         Knowledge of operating systems (Windows, Mac & Linux)

·         Familiarity with hardware and desktop computing

·         Familiarity with cloud applications like Office 365, Box and AWS

·         Knowledge of databases (SQL)

·         Knowledge of command line

·         Ability to solve problems

·         Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.

·         Ability to provide high quality service

·         Ability to function fully and competently at technology competency Levels I, II and III outlined in  Core technology competencies for Tulane Libraries Employees

Preferred Qualifications:

•         Certification(s) in Windows Server Admin, AWS, CompTIA Server

•         Ability to program in JavaScript, Ruby, Python, Bash Scripting or PHP

•         Familiarity with RESTful APIs

Essential Functions:

·         Orders, images, deploys, tracks, and recycles library staff computers.

·         Troubleshoots and provides computer technical support to staff.

·         Upgrades, installs, configures, and manages system permissions and user accounts for 3rd party applications such as SpringShare products, Gatekeeper/Gatewatch, Zendesk, Formstack, Filemaker

·         Hires, trains, supervises student workers

·         Participates in evaluating potential applications

·         Spins up demo/test servers

·         Perform security checks and security monitoring

For information about the Libraries visit https://library.tulane.edu/about/facts-about-libraries

For more information about Tulane University visit https://library.tulane.edu/about-tulane-university

Anticipated Salary: $61,700.  Benefits include, tuition assistance, and competitive health insurance and retirement contributions.  For more details visit https://hr.tulane.edu/benefits/benefits.

Flexible Work Arrangements https://hr.tulane.edu/FWA

To Apply. To apply for this position please go to Tulane University Academic Jobs.  To ensure full consideration, applicants must submit a letter of application, resume, and the names with full contact information and relationship of at least three professional references, preferably current or past supervisors. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until a suitable candidate is selected.

Tulane University Libraries Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Tulane University Libraries (TUL) is committed to integrating diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility (DEIA) into all aspects of our work and environment. We acknowledge that reaching these DEIA goals will strengthen our institution and allow for new directions in growth. We also acknowledge that we currently have barriers to embedding DEIA in our organization. Work is being done across TUL to investigate and address these barriers, create actionable objectives, and implement programming and structural change. You can learn more about some of those efforts on the TUL Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee page and the Tulane Strategy for Tomorrow website. Tulane University Libraries is committed to building a diverse workplace that welcomes and values all people, and we encourage you to apply if you have transferable skills and experience.

 Tulane University is an AA/EO Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.

Tulane is an EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled employer.

----
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: https://jobs.code4lib.org/jobs/52593-system-administrator-i