ORCID is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic professional for the position of Engagement Lead, Global Consortia. If you like the flexibility of a remote organization and the public-service orientation of a non-profit, join us on our mission to connect research and researchers!

Who We Are

ORCID is a mission-driven, member-supported, community-governed non-profit organization. Our vision is a world where all who participate in research, scholarship, and innovation are uniquely identified and connected to their contributions across disciplines, borders, and time. Every one of ORCID’s employees is committed to that vision as well.

We believe in and operate by our three main values [read our Dignity at Work statement]. ORCID strives to be:

Inclusive: We make decisions collaboratively, involving our staff, Board, those who support our mission, and the researchers and community that are the purpose of our work. We take a global view.
Trusted: Privacy and researcher control underscores everything we do.
Open: Our work is open, transparent, and non-proprietary.

To Apply: Please apply via the link provided and submit your application, including a resume and cover letter. In your cover letter, please tell us your favorite month of the year and why. ORCID encourages applicants who meet some, but not all of the requirements and qualifications, to apply.

Where We’re Located As a fully-remote organization serving researchers everywhere, ORCID is able to hire talented individuals all over the globe, and we aim to have our people located in the communities that we serve. Because of this role’s focus on the APAC region, preference will be given to candidates who are themselves located in APAC countries. We currently employ staff in the following regions (but welcome applicants from all locations, even if not listed here):

Canada
Costa Rica
Hungary
Lithuania
Mexico
Netherlands
Portugal
South Africa
Spain
Taiwan
UK
USA

The Role

ORCID is seeking an Engagement Lead, Global Consortia. This is a vital role responsible for ORCID's community adoption and continued sustainability, aligning with our core strategies and values. If you like to foster teamwork and genuine collaboration, are self-motivated, organized, dedicated, and enjoy the mission-driven environment of a fast-paced maturing non-profit organization, this could be the job for you.

The position reports to the Engagement Manager, Global Consortia and will be part of the Engagement team. The successful candidate will have strong communication and organizational skills, and will be able to strategically grow ORCID consortium adoption in the APAC region.

Responsibilities
Assist in defining, and execute on the Consortia strategy: Together with your group’s manager, define your designated consortia strategy, and execute on the strategy to ensure goals are achieved in line with ORCID’s overall strategic expectations. Fostering the core values of ORCID: build global “communities of practice” through new and existing consortia, within your designated member- and stakeholder group
“One ORCID team”: Within Engagement and throughout ORCID; cooperate with and inform your fellow colleagues to foster transparency and collaboration, and ensure the best outcome for ORCID.
Consortium Lead alignment: Coordinate and align with your Consortium Leads to further ORCID’s mission, grow memberships and adoption. Ensure a collaborative approach is pursued at all times.
Foster and manage relationships with consortia to ensure renewals: Focusing on consortia and member needs, integration development, and overall value to consortia and members to ensure ORCID’s renewal objectives are met. This is an opportunity to play a vital part in ORCID’s continued sustainability.
New Consortia development: Develop and close new consortium opportunities. Grow integrations in numbers and diversity (variation of sector and type of integration to increase data variety). Collaborate with Direct and Outreach & Partnerships colleagues where needed.
Member support: In partnership with ORCID’s Support Team, coordinate and execute on member support requests to ensure member satisfaction and value.
Events strategy and outreach coordination:  Assist in defining strategy, and execute on outreach initiatives. Collaborate with the various ORCID teams where needed.
Requirements and Qualifications

1+ plus years working within the Scholarly Community and with PIDs
Experience coordinating and setting strategic initiatives with external partners
Experience working and engaging in global, multicultural, and virtual team environments
Strong communication, presentation, and collaboration skills
Knowledge of sales tools (e.g. Salesforce, Insights tools)
Ability to handle multiple projects and balance competing priorities
Fluency in English and one additional language
Ability to travel based upon business needs (less than 25%)

Our Culture

ORCID staff are curious and collaborative, and we strive to maintain a culture of learning. We offer programs like individually-focused professional development planning, monthly “Food for Thought” learning sessions on a wide variety of topics, and access to a digital learning platform, Udemy for Business. We are flexible and family-friendly, allowing staff to shift their schedules as needed, flex their time across the calendar month, and take an hour-long paid break each day (not to mention OFF– see the benefits we provide below).

As an organization, we are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI). We hold bi-annual forums, open to all staff, where our DEI plans and needs are discussed and amplified. As a fully remote organization, we also have an active committee dedicated to making our individual remote experiences as positive and productive as possible. Read more about our culture here.

Although we are geographically diverse, we are a small, cohesive community dedicated to our mission and to each other

As an open organization valuing trust and transparency, we have a privacy policy describing how we handle applicant, employee and contractor data that we invite you to review if interested.

We provide:

A family-friendly, flexible working environment, including:

Flexible work hours and the ability to work fully from home (when not traveling)
A committed and awesome team serving a community-driven organization
Competitive compensation & benefits, plus OFF: an ORCID-wide day off on the first Friday of each month
A continuous learning environment with opportunities for training & professional development
Tools to support our virtual office environment, including a budget to choose your preferred laptop and a remote working stipend.

----
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: https://jobs.code4lib.org/jobs/52691-engagement-lead-global-consortia