SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR

HSLC is hiring! We are looking for a Systems Administrator to join our small but mighty Network Services Team! If you love libraries (or can learn to love them!) we encourage you to consider working with us! HSLC serves approximately 3,000 participating Pennsylvania libraries, and hosts the POWER Library on behalf of the Office of Commonwealth Libraries/PA Department of Education. Learn more about us here: https://www.hslc.org/mission-vision- values/

Position Available: May 1, 2022
Full-time, 35 hours/week, Exempt
Location: 3600 Market Street, Suite 550, Philadelphia, PA 19104
Salary range: $75,000-$85,000

Description: The System Administrator builds, supports and maintains system hardware, software and applications. As part of the Network Services Team, the System Administrator has responsibility to keep systems functioning optimally in order to deliver services to both internal and external customers and to leverage technology to meet the needs of the organization.

Duties Include: Monitoring, Assessing and Troubleshooting servers, storage devices and related equipment; ensuring availability of services using ITIL procedures with regard to maintenance events, upgrades, changes and other work; following best practices in securing servers, software and systems; creating and maintaining documentation for systems and change orders; Assisting in the design and planning of system changes; responding to systems and network incidents on a rotating schedule for 24 x 7 coverage.

Education, Certifications and Experience: College degree in a computer science or related field is preferred. Basic networking knowledge including Internet services such as web, DNS, email, etc.; experience supporting Linux at the system level; basic VMware or other virtualization technology skills; experience with network attached storage, iSCSI and NFS filesystems. Knowledge of routing protocols and firewalls is a plus. Experience with network cabling including fiber optics is a plus.

Additional Requirement: Must live within one hour commute of our data center locations in center city Philadelphia in order to address physical issues in a timely fashion.

Applications: Submit resume to: George Carey, Director of Network Services – [log in to unmask] Deadline to apply: Position open until filled

----
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: https://jobs.code4lib.org/jobs/52765-systems-administrator