The University of San Francisco’s Gleeson Library|Geschke Learning Resource Center seeks an inclusive, innovative and user-focused individual as Head of Metadata & Collection Management. This position leads the recently combined departments of Acquisitions & Collection Management and Cataloging & Metadata Management. As a member of the library leadership team, this individual will advance the library’s efforts to transform and improve the management and discovery of our collections. The library is committed to cultivating an inclusive environment that supports USF’s Jesuit mission and seeks candidates with demonstrated ability, interest, or experience working with diverse faculty, staff, and students. Appointment is at the Associate Librarian level.

Reporting to the Associate Dean for Collection Services, the Head of Metadata & Collection Management leads a team of 6.0 FTE staff and librarians in acquisitions and cataloging functions ensuring that library information resources are rapidly and accurately ordered, received, processed, and described in the library’s catalog and discovery interfaces.

The incumbent provides leadership and develops collection management strategies for selection, deselection, description, and evaluation of resources in all formats and subjects of the general library collection; performs regular and ongoing assessments, including investigating how well our collections represent diverse cultures and perspectives and serve the needs of diverse campus communities in alignment with our Collection Development Diversity Statement and other strategic initiatives; monitors acquisitions expenditures; evaluates workflows with an eye toward increasing efficiencies and better supporting students and faculty; and collaborates closely with other department heads and liaison librarians on collection management activities.

----
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: https://jobs.code4lib.org/jobs/52778-head-of-metadata-collection-management