From: Wiedeman, Gregory
Sent: Thursday, May 12, 2022 3:59 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Mailbagit early release

The Mailbag project team is excited to announce an early release of the mailbagit<https://github.com/UAlbanyArchives/mailbagit> tool. Mailbagit is a command line utility for packaging email exports into mailbags according to the mailbag specification<https://archives.albany.edu/mailbag/spec/> while generating multiple derivative formats, such as PDFs WARCs, and EMLs.
You can find out how to install<https://archives.albany.edu/mailbag/install/> and use<https://archives.albany.edu/mailbag/use/> mailbagit on the project website<https://archives.albany.edu/mailbag/>.
If you are interested in some hands-on guidance installing and using mailbagit, we are holding some Virtual Testing events<https://archives.albany.edu/mailbag/events/>, where anyone who is interested can experiment with using mailbagit with guidance from members of the project team.
Additionally, we have a Call for Contributors<https://archives.albany.edu/mailbag/contributors/> out looking for anyone interested in addressing known issues, reviewing code, or improving documentation.

Gregory Wiedeman
University Archivist
M.E. Grenander Department of Special Collections & Archives
University at Albany, SUNY
518-437-3936